Advancing every year, digital guitar amp and effects modeling is now largely on par with the “real” thing. The latest company to introduce an improvement is Neural DSP, well-known for their Quad Cortex modeler. And now, their primary product has had a major software update with CorOS 1.4.0.
Primarily, Quad Cortex now has the much-anticipated Minivoicer. Along with that, there are 9 new amp models, 3 new overdrives, 10 effects, a bunch of new features, and some minor changes and fixes.
The Minivoicer in question is an “intelligent” algorithm that allows you to have two pitch-shifted voices over the main signal. Using the library, you can control the root note, create chords, harmonize in modes, and even arpeggiate.
As for the aforementioned 9 new amps, the full list goes like this:
- Bogna Uber Clean (Bogner®Überschall®Rev. Blue-Clean)
- Bogna Uber Lead (Bogner®Überschall®Rev. Blue-Lead)
- D-Cell Hisbert Ch1 (Diezel®Herbert®-Ch1)
- D-Cell Hisbert Ch2 (Diezel®Herbert®-Ch2)
- D-Cell Hisbert Ch3 (Diezel®Herbert®-Ch3)
- US HP Tweed TWN Bright (Fender®High Power Tweed Twin®5F8-A®-Bright)
- US HP Tweed TWN Bright Jumped (Fender®High Power Tweed Twin®5F8-A®-Bright Jumped)
- US HP Tweed TWN Normal (Fender®High Power Tweed Twin®5F8-A®-Normal)
- US HP Tweed TWN Normal Jumped (Fender®High Power Tweed Twin®5F8-A®-NormalJumped)
And 3 new overdrive models are:
- No-Bell OD1 (Nobels®ODR-1®)
- Red Drive(Keeley®Red Dirt®)
- Vemural Ray (Vemuram®Jan Ray®)
For more details on this update, feel free to visit this link.
Neural DSP Chief Marketing Officer Dan Davies shared an official statement through the company’s press release:
“With each CorOS update, the Quad Cortex becomes more robust, versatile, and feature-rich – always evolving to ensure that users are equipped with the functionality they need to fully unleash their creativity. CorOS 1.4.0 is jam-packed with even more features, amplifiers, overdrives, and effects that further position the Quad Cortex as the market’s leading solution and a must-have for guitarists, bassists, and other musicians.”
Photo: Neural DSP